Here is the recipe for this meal, which puts some seasonal produce to work...
Roast Chicken and Asian Noodles
- 1/2 lb. whole wheat spaghetti
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce (I like Pearl River Soy Sauce)
- 1 T + 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 2 tsp. honey (if you measure this in the same spoon as the sesame oil, the oil allows the honey to slide right out of the spoon)
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 T toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 T chopped fresh parsley
- Small handful of roasted, salted peanuts
To make the dressing, whick together the canola oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, and peanut butter in a medium bowl.
Combine the spaghetti, snap peas, peppers, and scallions in serving bowl. Pour the dressing over the mixture, bit by bit, until your liking. You may not use all of the dressing.
Garnish with sesame seeds, parsley, and peanuts.
Serve, and enjoy!