Avocados are usually so substantial, they fill me up. But, I wanted to try Morningstar Farms meatless options, so I came up with this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons canola, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Morningstar Farms Chik’n strips
- 1 fully ripened avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 diced tomato
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 4 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches each)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Mix cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In medium-sized bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oil, lime juice and cumin. Add Chik'n strips, avocado, onion, and tomato; toss gently.
Lay tortillas on a baking sheet; brush both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
Spread a layer of shredded cheese on first layer of tortillas.
Spoon Chik'n mixture over cheese, dividing evenly; top with additional layer of cheese (when the cheese melts, it will create a glue to hold the tortillas together!).
Top with second tortilla. Bake until tortillas are crisp, about 8 minutes.
Cut the quesadillas into wedges using a pizza cutter. Serve with salsa and/or sour cream.
*This recipe is excellent served with my Black Bean and Corn Salad!