This version is an easy, delicious twist on the ol' taco. Try this for a weeknight meal - Taco Tuesday now meets Tostada Tuesday!
- 8 tortillas (flour or corn, your choice!)
- 2 T canola oil
- 1/2 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 T Penzey's Spices taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, halved then sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican mix cheese
- Hot sauce and/or sour cream for serving
Brush both sides of tortillas with oil and place on cookie sheet. Heat in oven for about 8 minutes (keep a close eye on them) until golden brown, lightly toasted.
Meanwhile, brown meat in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned through. Add taco seasoning and about 1/2 cup of water. Stir until sauce thickens and remove from heat.
Divide beef among toasted tortillas. Top with avocado, cheese, lettuce, onion, hot sauce and sour cream.
What could be easier?