My my fiance/photographer/taste-tester Ryan and I were blown away by the complexity of the Four Cheese Rosa sauce. To quote Ryan, "Why go to a restaurant when this is better than most things you would order anyway?" To my chagrin, I realized that cooking this meal hurt my chances for being taken out to dinner. *Sigh* Thank you, Bertolli. Date nights at a fancy restaurant seem only like a dream now.
Pink Shrimp with Bacon & Onions
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped (it is easier to chop if the bacon is slightly frozen)
- 1 larg onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar Bertolli® Four Cheese Rosa Sauce
- 8 oz fettuccini, cooked and drained (reserve 1/2 cup pasta water)
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
Cook onion in drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Add shrimp and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Stir in sauce and reserved pasta water; heat through.
Toss with hot fettuccine and garnish with parsley.
Enjoy this delicious and easy dinner, definitely good enough for company!!