It is an impressive meal to serve to guests. This delicious recipe is made in the crock pot, also making it a great meal to cook while you're at work or running errands on a busy weekend. It's deliciously tender and full of flavor and my favorite part - leftover roast beef sandwiches!
Roast Beef with Potatoes, Carrots, and Onions
- 2 medium onions, halved and cut into 1" wedges
- 3/4 lb. white potatoes, well scrubbed and cut into 1" chunks
- 5 lg. carrots,, peeled and cut into 1" slices
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled (3 left whole and 2 cut into 12 slivers)
- 1 cup of beef broth
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds eye-of-round beef roast
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Place onions, potatoes, carrots, and whole garlic cloves around the roast. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook in crock pot on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
Remove roast from crock pot and slice into 1/4" slices. Serve with potatoes, carrots, and onions. I also like to serve with the juices from the crock pot, strained into a bowl, on the side to use as au jus for the beef & vegetables.
Another thing I always serve my roast beef with is a good dose of coarse, freshly ground black pepper on the top of each slice!