Friday, October 2, 2009

Could these be the world's best Peanut Butter Cookies?

I do not consider myself a baker. I believe that there are two types of people... ok, actually three... a baker, a cook, or neither. I am more of a cook; I am not very fond of mixers, flour, or baking soda.

I also believe that you are either a sweet or savory person. I myself am a savory person, I'd take cheese and crackers over chocolate cake any day! But, every once in a blue moon the minuscule baker and sweet tooth in me collide and draw out a hankering for makin' dessert. More often than not, it involves peanut butter. Because, what in life is better than the sweet, creamy utopia of peanut butter??

Today was just one of those days, so I headed into my kitchen to make some peanut butter cookies. I wanted to try something new... adding peanut butter chips for a little extra "mmmh" factor! Using a standard PB cookie recipe, I added a cup of peanut butter chips into the batter before baking them off. I think they could have used a little more, so I changed it to 2 cups in the recipe.

For an additional punch, I added a handful of peanuts to the last 1/2 doz. The results? Delicisioso! I wish I had done it for the whole batch!



Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips

  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups of peanut butter chips
  • 1 cup of salted peanuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In electric mixer, mix butter, sugar and peanut butter together until blended.

Add eggs, flour (a little at a time), baking soda and vanilla extract.

Once fully incorporated, add in peanut butter chips and nuts and mix until evenly blended.

Drop 2T of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten out a little bit. Space 2 or 3 inches apart, so you have 8 cookies per large baking sheet (cookies will be about 3" across after baked).

Bake at for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kristin said...

These sound super yummy - I love peanut butter cookies. I am finally printing out some of the recipes that you posted so I can start trying them. I will let you know what I think :)

Kristin said...

I made these today too - as you can see I spent the rainy morning baking!! They were really really good - I liked the addition of the peanuts. And they were also a hit with the fam.

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts...

Related Posts with Thumbnails