Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 bell peppers in the color of your choice
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 3 links of chicken sausage (I used sundried tomato)
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
Bring 1 cup of broth to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 2 minutes less than package instructions. Drain any remaining broth.
Saute sausage in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
Combine orzo, sausage, parsley, and Parmesan.
Cut tops off of peppers and hollow out to create a bowl. Place in a baking dish and pour remaining broth around peppers.
Fill peppers with orzo mixture and divide mozzarella to top each stuffed pepper.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted.