A lot of people are stumped when it comes to salads. They need inspiration to steer them away from the same ol' iceburg-tomato-and-cheese trio that usually stakes claim in their salad bowls. This salad was an easy weeknight meal for 2. I did not have any tomatoes on-hand, but halved cherry tomatoes would have been a great addition to this salad. Add or leave out any ingredient you wish; that's the beauty of salads!
- 8 large Romaine leafs, diced into 1/2" strips
- 4 slices turkey lunchmeat, rolled into a log and sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/2 avocado, diced into small cubes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced into small cubes
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into thing rings
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
Layer a bed of Romaine in each of two salad bowls. Top with remaining ingredients.
Cobb salads are typically served with a vinaigrette of some sort, but use and dressing of your choice.
Serve with garlic bread and enjoy!