Sausage, Beer & Cheese Stew
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced (about 1 large)
- 1 cup carrots, diced (about 2 large)
- 1 cups celery, diced (about 1-2 stalks)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 12-ounce bottle of lager (I used Yuengling)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. all-purpose potatoes, peeled and diced into about 1" pieces
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, depending on how hot you like it
- 1/2 cup of milk or half and half
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 16 oz. turkey smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
Add stock, beer, and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are beginning to get tender.
Add milk or half and half, Worcestershire sauce and spices along with an additional 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and sausage and return to a boil.
While soup simmers, remove 2 cups of vegetables and liquid and puree in a food processor or blender. Stir back into soup along with grated cheese. Heat for 5-10 minutes longer, until sausage is heated through.